Monday, May 23, 2011

The mushrooms are here!

That's right folks! Brown tops (brown morels) haven't come to our little neck of the bush in quite some time. It takes a perfect combination of moisture (rain, melted snow) and heat (20+C) to make them come up.

Here's a pic from our first haul.

That's my nephew holding them, they look so much bigger in the hands of a 4 1/2yr old lol

In other news, there's finally a stall at the Strathcona Farmer's Market selling local organic flour. That means, I can try to make a 100mile bread!
It starts with a natural sour made from the flour and goes from there... :)
I didn't pick up any when I was there this weekend, and next sat is the mycology course, so i wont have any in my hands until June 4th.

Here's their blog if you wish to check them out... Gold Forest Grains

No comments:

Post a Comment