Thursday, June 30, 2011

Market Adventures!

Alberta has been seeing a lot (I mean, A LOT) of rain lately, mostly in the evenings when I'm trying to get out to the farmer's markets.
Yesterday at Baseline, downpour! I didn't even stop because I didn't see Nelson there... I'll see him tomorrow though at the Garrison Canada Day Market.

Today I finally found a vendor that sells fresh cream and butter. yes, BUTTER! Johnson Family Farms attend the Salisbury Greenhouse Market in Sherwood Park Thursdays from 4:30 till 8pm. So, Londyn and I took a trip down there, in the rain, to go get FRESH BUTTER!

And they weren't there.

Just a sign that said, "Due to care troubles Johnson Family Farms won't be here until 5:30pm."

Londyn and I were home through all the rush hour traffic by then.

Next week. Next week I shall have FRESH BUTTER! Or make fresh butter from their cream... and then I'd have buttermilk to make biscuits from! :)

- DJK

No comments:

Post a Comment